Zotero Standalone lives outside your browser. Because of this, it cannot offer some advanced features:
- Automatic import of file attachments;
- Scraping metadata from websites;
- Automatic redirection to LVC full-text;
- Access to cookies.
For Zotero to communicate with your browser, you'll want to also download a browser connector.
- Download Chrome, Safari, or Opera connectors.
- If you're using Firefox, you can also use Zotero standalone. You'll need to download the Firefox extension, too; with Standalone, the Firefox extension will automatically act as a connector to Zotero Standalone if Zotero Standalone is open.